Salient Features of DC Dutta’s Textbook of Obstetrics by Hiralal Konar
DC Dutta’s Textbook of Obstetrics contains,
- Author’s original style and innovative approach have been maintained.
- The language throughout the text is crisp, lucid and unambiguous.
- Information is consistent and uniform across all the chapters.
- Enriched and numerous colored boxex, tables, flowcharts, line drawings, MR Images, ultrasonograms and skiagrams.
- Relevant medical advances up to the time of publication have been incorporated.
- Focused on evidence-based knowledge.Core knowledge (must know area) has been highlighted.
- Standardized heading with different color codes are for quick pick up. comfortable reading, and easy reproduction.
- Key points, flowcharts, boxes and colored illustration and self-assessment questionnaire is for the improvement of clinical and practical competence.
- ‘Practical Obstetrics’ (Chapter 42) with high quality colored illustration and self assessment questionnaire is for the improvement of clinical and practical competence.
- A new topic ‘Prenatal Genetic Counselling, Screening and Diagnosis’ (Chapter 12) has been introduced under the latest edition.
- Questions have been formulated at the end of every chapter for self-evaluation of the related topic.
- Guidelines and recommendations of professional and academicorganizations have been highlighted.
- Indispensable for trainee residents, and different postgraduate entrance examinations in India and abroad.
- Equally informative to nursing students, midwives, homeopathic and ayurvedic students, as well as general practitioners and practicing obstetricians.