Self Assessment & Review Gynecology
Self Assessment & Review Gynecology, 9th Edition by Sakshi Arora Hans is a book useful for all PG medical entrance examination.
The 9th edition of the book covers the entire Gynecology in a simple holistic approach to cater for the needs of postgraduate aspirants as well as undergraduate students of India and abroad. After a high-yield synopsis of topics in each chapter, there are detailed explanations of the MCQs from AIIMS (2000-2011) and PGI (2000-2015) Keeping in mind the recent trend, NEET Pattern Questions, Image-based questions and color plates of instruments, specimens and radiology are included to enhance the utility of the book. This 9th edition includes annexures for the first time ever. A brief description of instruments is added along with the photographs to help not only the postgraduate aspirants but also the undergraduate students during their viva voce.
- Theory before all the chapters revised and updated. In the theory part, you will get all the information you are required to know as an intern or as an undergraduate student of Gynecology.
- Use of a lot of pedagogical features makes learning easy and simple to reproduce during exams:
(a) New tables have been added wherever necessary
(b) Flowcharts have been used to add simplicity
(c) Many new diagrams and real-time photographs have been added, for which I thank Shri Jitendar P Vij (Group Chairman), Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers for allowing me to use photographs and illustrations from eminent Obs. and Gyne. books of Jaypee publication.
- The section of difficult review questions has been merged with the main questions of AI, AIIMS and PGI, because if NEET will be held in the forthcoming years, it is no more important which question was asked in which state and which year; what is important is the Question itself. I have incorporated them in the main section so that you do not miss out on any of the important questions.
- New pattern questions (more than 200) with their explanations have been incorporated to give a fair idea to the students about how the new pattern would be.
- Image-based questions have been included in each chapter to give an idea to the students about this new pattern.
- In the color plates, many new diagrams, HSGs and images of instruments have been included. This section has been created to help not only the undergraduate students for the preparation of their practical exams but also the PG aspirants for the image-based questions.
- For the first time ever, annexures have been added for last-minute revisions.
- Lining of female genital tract
- Blood supply of genital tract.
- Lymphatic drainage of female genitalia
- pH of vagina at different ages
- Some important measurements
- Male and female derivatives of embryonic urogenital structures
- Origin of female genital tract
- Culture media and DOC of various organisms
- Clinical features of genital ulcers
- Types of hysterectomies and structures removed
- Pearl index of contraceptives
- Along with this edition of the book, again I am providing a free lecture in the form of an educational DVD on amenorrhea, which I have intentionally chosen because, apart from being very important, it is considered as one of the most difficult chapters of Gynecology. I hope that after watching this DVD, amennorhea will no longer remain a difficult topic.
- All the references are from Shaw’s Gynecology 15th edition, Novak’s 15th edition, William’s Gynecology 1st and 2nd editions, Jeffcoates’ 8th edition, Leon Speroff’s 8th edition and Dutta’s Gynecology 6th edition.
- Recent solved papers of AIIMS May/November 2015, PGI May 2015 and November 2014, with fully explained, referenced and authenticated answers are included at the end.