Langman’s Medical Embryology
Langman’s Medical Embryology, 12th Edition by T.W.Sadler is a book useful for all PG medical entrance examinations.
Reaching far beyond the 9 months of gestation and the first year of life, embryonic development has ramifications for health throughout the human lifespan. Improved reproductive outcomes and healthier babies and while the specific goals of obstetricians share areas of clinical relevance for all healthcare professionals. Langman’s Medical Embryology facilitates understanding of the molecular, cellular and structural factors contributing to human development. With its trademark approach combining economy of text with exceptional artwork, the revised twelfth edition clearly and effectively presents embryology in a clinical context for students of medicine and the health professions.
Hallmark features praised by students:
- Organization of content into two sections covering development followed by systems.
- Nearly 400 illustrations including full color line drawings, scanning electron micrographs, and clinical images elucidate embryonic development and enhance understanding of the text.
- Clinical Correlates boxes provide information about birth defects and other clinical phenomena.
- Basic genetic principles and molecular biology are highlighted throughout the text to link embroyology to other critical specialities.
- End of chapter Summaries, Problems to Solve, and the Appendix with detailed answers highlight key elements of each chapter and allow for self-assessment and review.