Biochemistry, 4th Edition by U. Satyanarayana and U. Chankrapani is a book useful for all medical students.
This book, Biochemistry:
- Offers an integration of medical and pure sciences, and is comprehensively written, revised and updated to meet the curriculum requirements of Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Veterinary, Biotechnology, Agricultural Sciences, Life Sciences, and others studying Biochemistry as one of the subject.
- is the first text book on Biochemistry in English with multi-color illustrations by an author from Asia. This use of multicolors is for a clearer understanding of the complicated biochemical reactions.
- is written in a lucid style with the subject being presented as an engaging story growing from elementary information to the most recent advances, and with theoretical discussions being supplemented with illustrations, flowcharts, and tables for easy understanding of Biochemistry.
- has each chapter beginning with a four-line verse followed by the text, biomedical concepts, a summary, and self assessment exercises. The lively illustrations and text with appropriate heading and sub heading in bold type faces facilitate reading path clarity and quick recall.
- provides the most recent and essential information on Molecular biology and Biotechnology, Diabetes, Cancer, Free Radicals and Antioxidants, Prostaglandins, etc.
- describes a wide variety of case studies with biochemical correlations and several newer biomedical aspects- Metabolic syndrome, Therapeutic diets, Alkins diets, Trans fatty acid, Epigenetics. Nutrigenomics, Recombinant ribozymes, Membrane transport disorder, Pleural fluid etc.
- contains the basics (Bioorganic and Biophysical Chemistry, Tools of Biochemistry, Immunology, and Genetics) for beginners to learn easily Biochemistry, origins of biochemical words, confusables in Biochemistry, principles of Practical Biochemistry, and Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory.